“The premiere performances of Andrew Schultz’s second opera Going Into Shadows at Guildhall, London in June 2001 and Brisbane in September 2001 provide an opportunity to look at threads between it and his first opera Black River. Dramatically both are concerned with women telling their stories. In another link, both operas are concerned with issues of…read more
• Journey to Horseshoe Bend, commissioned by Symphony Australia, for actors, singers, choirs and orchestra to a text by Gordon Kalton Williams; 60 minutes
• From Fire Country for solo bass clarinet, 4 minutes
• Sleepers Wake – Karalananga (solo piano), based on two passages from Journey to Horseshoe Bend, 5 minutes
• Southern Ocean – TSO, April 2003. The Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra present Southern Ocean by Andrew Schultz to a text by Margaret Scott for Chorus and Orchestra on 5 April 2003 as part of the Ten Days on the Island Festival.
• 12 Variations – Perth Festival, February 2003. John Utans choreographs the Western Australian Ballet in A Fine Line, using the 12 Variations for piano duet by Andrew Schultz. The performances are at the Quarry as part of the Perth Festival.
• Journey to Horseshoe Bend – SSO, May 2003. In National Reconciliation Week…